strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_node_status::operator_form() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::operator_form(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/gallifre/public_html/vortex/sites/all/modules/views/modules/node/views_handler_filter_node_status.inc on line 13.

• Torchwood 3: Days 1-2 SPOILERS!!!!   7 years 27 weeks ago

That was well written, frustratingly scary and realistic and gut wrenching. All throughout or rather when the politicians were talking about their plan to give over the lower end of chldren and save their own, I had the same droppingly dead feeling that I had when watching the horror movie, STEPHEN KING'S THE MIST. I mean if you've seen it you know the feeling of that ending, the worst ending that could possibly happen, happened and a child was involved. ANd the father's plan was jsut as bad as Torchwood's....which was not as bad as giving the kids up but really...

what kind of plan did Jack have? "I'll deal with the aliens" and then...he doesn't and they kill all those people including two major characters...TORCHWOOD, the team, is ineffective. They can't deal with these aliens. I am bloody angry that they made me think they would stop these aliens and then...they didn't!

Anyway this is good in a horrible kind of way, where horrible things happen. Oh and that Nick Briggs from BIG FINISH was bloody good in this..he really made me hate him as the villain or one of the villains...

• Torchwood 3: Days 1-2 SPOILERS!!!!   7 years 27 weeks ago

n

• ENLIGHTENMENT   7 years 27 weeks ago

Another good episode but I am sick of the Black Guardian/Turlough interplay and Mark S overdoes the acting here. I do like Wrack and her crew, but I've always liked pirates if there is a good story. I love PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN but hate the sequel and due to that never saw the third one. So Wrack and her men are overdoing it but that just adds to the Eternal's creepy factor. I thought Davison's Doctor was getting hints that Turlough was not all he was cracked up to be...or worse than he wasn't cracked up to be. There could have been some more mstery factor as to what Wrack was doing but it was clear as soon as she gave word about the sword to Davies that she was using some kind of bomb inside the gifts. I also don't know why Tegan had to dress up for the occasion. I mean would you, knowing you might be in danger and have to run for it? Anyway Wrack stares right at the camera and gives a cliffhanger. There's no getting around it: this story is just good for having been set in space...I mean as a yacht race in space! Nothing can really destroy the wow factor of that, even if it was done in Japanese movies first (some kind of STAR WARS rip off using a yacht space ship, and the excellent anime GALAXY 999 used spaceships so advanced they could look like anything including trains). Another good one.

- Ian 16             - Zoe 14             - Romana I 7 (-2)  - Barbara 10
         - The Brigadier 23
    - Stephen 4
    - Jo Grant 20      - Tegan 1
        - Victoria 8
    - Sarah Jane 21
    - Ben 1              Harry 19 (+1)    Jamie 23              Leela 18
    __________________________________________________________________________

16. Vicki                17: Polly
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    22. Rose                23. Peri                  24. Ace                 25. Martha
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

<<be.

IMO

IMO

Frobisher .

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 27 weeks ago

Yes I almost forgot that QUARTERMASS CONCLUSION story. It, too, left one with an empty, awful, feeling. It, too, was well acted, well written, realistic, and horrible. It, too, had kids and teens, dying, suffering, in danger, and I  think a young girl turned into paper by the aliens. It was great but also horrible. It left me with the same gut wrenching feeling that THE MIST and TORCHWOOD CHILDREN OF EARTH left me with.

I

you

you

i

y

e

• Hoo On Who Episode 11 is online!   7 years 27 weeks ago

I've already done it!  I did it last week.

If you have iTunes it's fairly easy to do. Just go to the iTunes store and find the new link. Both formats (MP3 or Enhanced) are available in the iTunes store so get the one that's right for you. Just don't forget to delete the old link.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 27 weeks ago

It's just that you hate so vehemently in a way that most of us on the forums really don't understand. It is just a TV programme. Repeat this mantra at least three of four times a day. It is just a TV programme. It's not supposed to cure cancer. It's not a promise for a better life. It's escapist fantasy. So what if it doesn't turn out all fine and dandy in the end. Big deal! Tune in to something predictable and sugar sweet but, no, wait I'm sure that you'd hate it even more. Even better. Turn off. Learn to chill. Don't take it so personally. It wasn't made for you specifically. It is not a personal attack on your sensibilities. And most of all learn the difference between criticising constructively, maturely, interestingly and attacking bitterly, violently and pointlessly. Otherwise your postings become as boring as you claim RTD's episodes are.

Oh, and please, please, use a spell check. It's a just personal thing but I'm an English teacher and I find myself twitching to correct everything you write. It makes me nervous.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 27 weeks ago

Absolutley ditto about Eve Myles - in a program full of stand out performances (Frobisher, Jack's Daughter, Ianto etc), I thought she was top of the tree.

The husband/wife banter was brilliant (and I've always thought that about those two - especially when you throw Jack into the mix).

• Ramble With Russel Podcast Updates   7 years 27 weeks ago

It's another on the road edition of my podcast as I give you the first part of my coverage of Polaris 23 that took place from July 10 - 12 at the Sheraton Parkway Hotel in Markham.  On this week's episode you get my observations of the event along with talk with costume fans of Star Wars and Star Trek, a short exclusive talk with actor Michael Hogan from Battlestar Galactica, James |Armstrong from the upcoming Fan Expo convention  and with actor/writer Michael Mohanen who has appeared in Star Trek Voyager and written the upcoming movie Sandstorm.  Music for this week is from the song Black Hole by Victor Stellar and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com.

Coming up next week : Lord Vader makes an appearance, comic book artist Alex Milne, Strak Trek trivia master Lou Israel, Adam Smith from Repo : The Genetic Opera, costumed conventioner and much more

And can be found at http://ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Russel

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 27 weeks ago

I thought this was some of the best British television I have seen in a very long time. I feel that Torchwood is much improved without Tosh and Owen who I always felt were either too weak or unlikeable. These 5 episodes were confident, exciting, very dark and totally brilliant. I, for one, like an unhappy ending from time to time and I was not disappointed by this!

Frobishers act was amazingly well written and is all the more tragic when you consider the fact that if he had waited all would have been well. I have to say though, that if I was in his shoes I may well have considered doing the same. I would not want my child to end up being a chemical fix for some giant, Macra like alien! I just hope I am never in a similar situation!

I also thought that it was extremely brave of the writers to have Jack sacrifice his Grandson (in effect doing exactly what the Government were doing but on a lesser scale and in order to destroy the "456" instead of capitulating to them). It showed that Jack could make the extremely difficult decisions when he has to whilst at the same time showing that he is a very different kind of hero compared to The Doctor! The Doctor would never have made such a sacrifice (how many times has a foe threatened to kill a friend or companion of The Doctor's if he didn't capitulate), it enhances the magic of his character as he would have found another way and this sets him apart from Jack in a very interesting way!

As for Ianto, I was very surprised that they killed him off so soon after Owen and Tosh but as has been established, working for Torchwood is extremely hazardous (how many time has Jack been killed now?) but the scene was handled very well and once again, kudos must go to Eve Myles for her unbelievable performance. She is an extremely accomplished actress and I really hope we see more of Gwen Cooper in the future.

Was it faultless, nothing ever is, there are plot holes (what stops another member of the "456" coming back and trying again?), some themes were very similar to Doctor Who (the 1965 child with the "456" looked very much like the inside of the Toclaphane in TLOTT and felt very similar) but what COE did very well was bring philosophy into the drama. The questions raised were straight out of and A Level philosophical class on ethics and this discussion was handled delicately and intelligently and gave no answers to the questions it raised... only asked more questions which is the sign of brilliant philosophy (just ask Socrates).

Happy endings are all too common, dark and murky ones are rare and so should be treasured but everything does end, rather like this post... But what of Torchwood, was Gwen and Jacks goodbye the end of Torchwood forever? I hope not, for the series has just become good (nay, excellent) and I would like to see more! I suspect it will be back in one form or another, with or without RTD... I just hope we don't have to wait too long!!!

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 27 weeks ago

What exactly was the point of this post, Chase? It is badly written, spiteful, lacking in wit, highly negative (as per usual), lacking in respect for the people who spent a lot of effort producing the show and just makes you look like an over emotional Doctor Who fanboy lunatic! It really does you no favours, you know, and is nowhere near as clever as you think it is. What is frustrating about you is that occasionally your posts hint that you have something relevant to say but then you blow it with your overly negative and repetative rants! The only reason you could possibly have for writing this particular bit of nonsense is either to upset the people who enjoyed the story; because you have some serious emotional issues (in order to get so upset by a television programme there must be something wrong) or because you just like to wind people up! If it is the former can you please stop it, if it is the second reason can you go and get some help and if it is the latter then the joke is running a little thin!

You are extremely good (or rather "keen" is a better word) at criticising things you dislike... can I suggest to you that you learn to take some of the criticisms continually levelled at you and maybe change the style of your posts. I really find that reading the forums starts to become a chore when I see you have posted. I really want to value your opinions and I wouldn't for a second suggest you stop posting but why don't you just tweak your style and become a little more accessible and less offensive? We are literate people here who will understand your negative views if you chose to be a little more subtle. You don't need to hammer home your points of view with a metaphorical sledgehammer!

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 27 weeks ago

'Torchwood: Children of Earth' ended it's run with a viewing audience of 5.8 million - almost as much from the first episode. A high viewing audience indeed.

Since I haven't seen all the episodes yet I'll just leave things be, but I will leave this link on a story about the ratings for the final episode.:

With ratings that high - they clearly must be doing something right!

• 'Wet' Your Appetite for The Waters of Mars   7 years 27 weeks ago

No problem! Just so we have it out there.

Like I missed your stories a couple of weeks ago - you missed mine. We're just going through some adjusting to this new site. We all are still suffering from a few 'teething problems'.

Troy

BTW: Isn't the clip creepy!Surprised

• Doctor Who: Radio Free Skaro   7 years 27 weeks ago

A new Radio Free Skaro episode!:

In a stunning, nay flabbergasting turn of events, the Torchwood: Children of Earth miniseries turned out to be not only a fantastic five days of entertainment but possibly one of the best things on television thus far this year. A special 4 person quorum of the RFS council was called to deal with this turn of events, with special Torchwood representative Katrina joining the fun. But that’s not all! The Three Who Rule Plus One also threw in a “Bad Wolf” commentary…but of course such good fortune meant the beast Cracklor also paid a visit. Still, an epic-length RFS for an epic entry in the Doctor Who canon.

Check out the site, or get the:

Direct download

Check
    http://www.radiofreeskaro.com for your Radio Free Skaro needs!

iTunes users can subscribe at
    here.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 27 weeks ago

Seriously, you must live only to make people angry.

Please follow this advice to spare yourself and myself alot of pain.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE TORCHWOOD... DON'T WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop saying such horrible horrible (and almost always unconstructive) things about a show that I and many others love.

Especially, I take offense to you making a direct jab at me and my post by typing "Goodbye Torchwood, I hated you" I found that very offensive and sometimes I wonder why you're still on this forum.

I don't know why I'm caring so much, why I read your posts and why I'm even replying right now.  You upset me... but I guess I just, like you, shouldn't care anymore.
    Rage post all you want, just don't take a jab at me, I sure won't be reading your posts ever again, all it does is make me angry, and that's not why I come to this forum.

- Ian 16             - Zoe 14             - Romana I 9          - Barbara 10

__________________________________________________________________________

17: Polly
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

How do you rate Doctor Who: The Return of Doctor Mysterio? (5=Fantastic)

L.I. Who 4