strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_node_status::operator_form() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::operator_form(&$form, &$form_state) in /home3/gallifre/public_html/vortex/sites/all/modules/views/modules/node/views_handler_filter_node_status.inc on line 13.

• From the Beginning: The First Doctor   7 years 32 weeks ago

Great concise summary.  I'd never thought of the Ian / Barbara effect before, but you certainly have a great point as to why the series slacked abit after their departure and why Stephen and poor Dodo never seemed to measure up.  What manner of media did you use for your evalulation of Marco Polo (just curious).

I'll try to follow this thread a little more closely for these nuggets.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 32 weeks ago

...but he loves Adric.  Go figure.

- Ian 17 (+1)      - Zoe 14             - Romana I 7
    - Barbara 10
         - The Brigadier 23
    - Stephen 2 (-2)
    - Jo Grant 20      - Tegan 1
        - Victoria 8
    - Sarah Jane 21
    - Ben 1              Harry 19           - Jamie 23             Leela 18
    __________________________________________________________________________

16. Vicki                 17: Polly
    18. Liz                   19. Nyssa               20. Captain Jack     21. K9
    22. Rose                23. Peri                  24. Ace                 25. Martha
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

• ENLIGHTENMENT   7 years 32 weeks ago

All throughout this story, we've seen hints that Tegan is sort of in love with the Doctor, tantilizing bits of character stuff and in the past we've only really seen a sort of animosity between them. For his part, the Doctor seems unaware of Tegan as a female or as an attractive female. When she first comes out with her dress on, he just harumphs in a Hartnell esque way. Interesting. At the same time, Mariner says he's not in love with Tegan but really he is, he wants life, maybe just as she has but she seems to complete him. For her part, she's really not interested. It would be interesting to see a sequel of sorts if Mariner ever got to return to our realm and went after her. At the same time, if the Eternals had so much power, this ep starts to fall apart but it's still enjoyable. How did Turlough and the Doctor overpower Wrack and her First Mate? If they fall overboard, I guess they have to follow their own rules and go home but how could they lose anyway? Why did the Black Guardian fire up when hit by the Enlightenment (light destroys dark but he's not destroyed)? The whole thing is a bit strange and surreal, even more so than the other eps but not a let down as some places report in their opinion that it was. Turlough tries, at the start to betray the Doctor and does so a few times or at least once, but then turns against Wrack and the Black Guardian. Another good story and a successful end to the triology, all three stories to it soon to be out on DVD as one.

• Tin Dog Podcast   7 years 32 weeks ago
  • Ratings of the 4th Doctor's Episodes...   7 years 32 weeks ago
    e

Since then I've watched these again and these may have changed. There's only about four Tom Baker stories I found pretty bad.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 32 weeks ago

I tried to edit and delete the controversial and overly critical posts but I can't delete the two worst ones. Can the moderators delete these two? Thanks and sorry.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 32 weeks ago

I've tried to edit it to get rid of it but I can't seem to edit it or delete it and I"m not sure why. Can the moderators delete it? Thanks and sorry.

• Torchwood 3: Days 1-2 SPOILERS!!!!   7 years 32 weeks ago

That was well written, frustratingly scary and realistic and gut wrenching. All throughout or rather when the politicians were talking about their plan to give over the lower end of chldren and save their own, I had the same droppingly dead feeling that I had when watching the horror movie, STEPHEN KING'S THE MIST. I mean if you've seen it you know the feeling of that ending, the worst ending that could possibly happen, happened and a child was involved. ANd the father's plan was jsut as bad as Torchwood's....which was not as bad as giving the kids up but really...

what kind of plan did Jack have? "I'll deal with the aliens" and then...he doesn't and they kill all those people including two major characters...TORCHWOOD, the team, is ineffective. They can't deal with these aliens. I am bloody angry that they made me think they would stop these aliens and then...they didn't!

Anyway this is good in a horrible kind of way, where horrible things happen. Oh and that Nick Briggs from BIG FINISH was bloody good in this..he really made me hate him as the villain or one of the villains...

• Torchwood 3: Days 1-2 SPOILERS!!!!   7 years 32 weeks ago

n

• ENLIGHTENMENT   7 years 32 weeks ago

Another good episode but I am sick of the Black Guardian/Turlough interplay and Mark S overdoes the acting here. I do like Wrack and her crew, but I've always liked pirates if there is a good story. I love PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN but hate the sequel and due to that never saw the third one. So Wrack and her men are overdoing it but that just adds to the Eternal's creepy factor. I thought Davison's Doctor was getting hints that Turlough was not all he was cracked up to be...or worse than he wasn't cracked up to be. There could have been some more mstery factor as to what Wrack was doing but it was clear as soon as she gave word about the sword to Davies that she was using some kind of bomb inside the gifts. I also don't know why Tegan had to dress up for the occasion. I mean would you, knowing you might be in danger and have to run for it? Anyway Wrack stares right at the camera and gives a cliffhanger. There's no getting around it: this story is just good for having been set in space...I mean as a yacht race in space! Nothing can really destroy the wow factor of that, even if it was done in Japanese movies first (some kind of STAR WARS rip off using a yacht space ship, and the excellent anime GALAXY 999 used spaceships so advanced they could look like anything including trains). Another good one.

- Ian 16             - Zoe 14             - Romana I 7 (-2)  - Barbara 10

31: Grace               32: Dodo              33: Mel

<<be.

IMO

IMO

Frobisher .

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 32 weeks ago

Yes I almost forgot that QUARTERMASS CONCLUSION story. It, too, left one with an empty, awful, feeling. It, too, was well acted, well written, realistic, and horrible. It, too, had kids and teens, dying, suffering, in danger, and I  think a young girl turned into paper by the aliens. It was great but also horrible. It left me with the same gut wrenching feeling that THE MIST and TORCHWOOD CHILDREN OF EARTH left me with.

I

you

you

i

y

e

• Hoo On Who Episode 11 is online!   7 years 32 weeks ago

I've already done it!  I did it last week.

If you have iTunes it's fairly easy to do. Just go to the iTunes store and find the new link. Both formats (MP3 or Enhanced) are available in the iTunes store so get the one that's right for you. Just don't forget to delete the old link.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 32 weeks ago

It's just that you hate so vehemently in a way that most of us on the forums really don't understand. It is just a TV programme. Repeat this mantra at least three of four times a day. It is just a TV programme. It's not supposed to cure cancer. It's not a promise for a better life. It's escapist fantasy. So what if it doesn't turn out all fine and dandy in the end. Big deal! Tune in to something predictable and sugar sweet but, no, wait I'm sure that you'd hate it even more. Even better. Turn off. Learn to chill. Don't take it so personally. It wasn't made for you specifically. It is not a personal attack on your sensibilities. And most of all learn the difference between criticising constructively, maturely, interestingly and attacking bitterly, violently and pointlessly. Otherwise your postings become as boring as you claim RTD's episodes are.

Oh, and please, please, use a spell check. It's a just personal thing but I'm an English teacher and I find myself twitching to correct everything you write. It makes me nervous.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 5 'Day Five'   7 years 32 weeks ago

Absolutley ditto about Eve Myles - in a program full of stand out performances (Frobisher, Jack's Daughter, Ianto etc), I thought she was top of the tree.

The husband/wife banter was brilliant (and I've always thought that about those two - especially when you throw Jack into the mix).

• Ramble With Russel Podcast Updates   7 years 32 weeks ago

It's another on the road edition of my podcast as I give you the first part of my coverage of Polaris 23 that took place from July 10 - 12 at the Sheraton Parkway Hotel in Markham.  On this week's episode you get my observations of the event along with talk with costume fans of Star Wars and Star Trek, a short exclusive talk with actor Michael Hogan from Battlestar Galactica, James |Armstrong from the upcoming Fan Expo convention  and with actor/writer Michael Mohanen who has appeared in Star Trek Voyager and written the upcoming movie Sandstorm.  Music for this week is from the song Black Hole by Victor Stellar and can be found at www.podsafeaudio.com.

Coming up next week : Lord Vader makes an appearance, comic book artist Alex Milne, Strak Trek trivia master Lou Israel, Adam Smith from Repo : The Genetic Opera, costumed conventioner and much more

And can be found at http://ramblingruss.libsyn.com

Russel

How do you rate Doctor Who: The Return of Doctor Mysterio? (5=Fantastic)