• Tin Dog Podcast   5 years 10 weeks ago

coe day 1 TDP

i hope do do a podcast per day while its on air.

enjoy

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 1 'Day One'   5 years 10 weeks ago

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

A few points...

Way too early for me to judge if its a good story However as it stands it was ok.There where a few good moments which creeped me out. The children’s faces when they were howling for instance.

I liked the idea of only one adult being caught up with all the children, nice touch that.

But...

I can’t help shake the feeling that RTD has ran out of ideas. Overall this came across as a rehashed Ood story. Replace the Ood with children, set it on earth and there you go.

The doctor who was visited by TW in the beginning turns out to be a government mole whose purpose is to infiltrate TW? Come on!  I know this is a sci fi show but that was too much of a coincidence for me that he was at the right place / right time. A doctor who has trained to save life just kills someone so he can shoots someone in the back? That just doesn't ring true to me.

Overall I did enjoy the story and I’m glad I don’t have to wait until next week for part two but I was definitely left with the feeling it was a formulaic RTD script.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 1 'Day One'   5 years 10 weeks ago

I LOVED THIS SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

But I guess I've always liked Torchwood, so to see people who have been previously down on Torchwood liking this story I guess me loving it is to be expected.

The mystery is great and what a fracking epic cliffhanger.

SPOILERS

The throught never crossed my mind that perhaps Jack can really die if you blow him apart, needless to say the cliffhanger certainly had my heart racing in much the same way that Utopia, Turn Left and The Stolen Earth all did.

And oh god, Jack has a daughter!! How and when did that happen? xD

Turning to Ianto.... because you know he's certainly my favourite part of Torchwood, he was absolutely adorable in this, I love finally meeting his sister and his niece and nephew and how he was very much the "monied uncle" with them. ^_^

And Ianto loves Jack.... he hasn't said it yet, but it's his face and the way he acts that says it, and it makes me so so happy that I could possibly melt at the cuteness of it.... and I think I did at one stage. And that goodbye snog almost made me cry. T_T

Love Gwen mirroring Eve Myles with the pregnancy ^^ and her saying hello to the photo of Owen and Tosh at her desk.

Haven't watched it on UKTV yet, catching the time shift version at 10.30pm (I wanted to watch it uncut and without commericals first) so I'll let everyone know how that goes.

Great story so far.... bring on tommorrow!

I hope Jack is ok :(

- Ian 15              - Zoe 13                   - Romana I 11           - Barbara 13
    - Liz 2
    - Vicki 6                 - The Brigadier 21 (+1)
    - Nyssa 2 (-2)
    - Stephen 7                - Jo Grant 18              - Tegan 6
    - Polly 7             - Sarah Jane 18          - Ben 10                   - Victoria 8
    Harry 17
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 16

__________________________________________________________________________

20. Captain Jack      21. K9
    22. Rose                 23. Peri                 24. Ace                 25. Martha
    26. Turlough           27. Romana II
    28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo              33: Mel

• What I'm looking from the change of guard...   5 years 10 weeks ago

I really do agree with the feelings of all above, but one thing nobody seems to have commented on is the new series (i.e. 2005 onwards) lack of exploration of the TARDIS as a ship, dimensional thingy and Doctor's home. I always loved the glimpses of the vast interior and function of the TARDIS and it is the homelyness of the Doctor's TARDIS in the TV movie that I thought worked terrifically well.

How about a TARDIS that we actually get to explore? Where do the companions sleep and spend their idle time? How do they make the TARDIS their home? For a new series that has spent sooo much time going on about human stories and human drama, the everyday life of being in the TARDIS has strangely been omitted throughout the new incarnations of the Doctor.

How about a Matt Smith TARDIS bound episode - 'ship in a bottle' style like in Star Trek TNG?

• David Tennant to Star in St. Trinian's Sequel   5 years 10 weeks ago

BBC News article on this story: Tennant joins St Trinian's film

• The Sonic Newsdriver Returns for the 3rd of July 2009   5 years 10 weeks ago

The Sonic Newsdriver 20090707
    Selected Doctor Who related news delivered sonically.
    For Earth-date: Tuesday the 7th of July 2009

In this episode: Torchwood Week (don't worry, no spoilers here), Barrowman wants to continue playing Captain Jack until he's gray, Kai Owen Demands More, David Tennant new role is no hero, Tennant is not the latest Time Lord on the big screen screen, Two moments of silences, and Get Your Sonic Gear, plus more!

Hosted by Louis Trapani

Right click and download the episode using the link below or listen right on the website using the embedded player, better yet subscribe to the podcast using the feed links below the player.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 1 'Day One'   5 years 10 weeks ago

(Warning: This thread may have spoilers, but this message does not)

I thoroughly enjoyed Day One of Torchwood: The Children of Earth. I think it is off to a great start. I don't think the trailers did it justice, but admittedly, it is hard to capture the flavour of this story (at least seen here in Day One so far) in short 90 second trailer or so.

Excellent direction by Euros Lynn. All the performers were on the top of their game as well. Now, I am looking forward to Day Two.

• Arc of Infinity   5 years 10 weeks ago

Wow. That was really another boring episode. I don' t know why. Despite alot of running around, some action, gunplay (from Nyssa no less!), and scenes of Tegan in the crypt finding her cousin Colin with help from Robin, this is really another boring part.

The Matrix: it's now just a dark screen with lines of energy running through it. Omega seems to be in control of it even before the dull cliffhanger of the Doctor saying he's in control of it. The only surprise is that Hedin is the traitor. I didn't spot that one coming.

The rest of this isn't really that poor or bad, it's just flat and boring. Even Omega's confronting of Tegan isn't all that great nor his talk with the Doctor in the Matrix. The whole story, so promising from the start, is just falling flat and this ep is entirely studio bound. Yeck.

What's happened to DW? It's just boring now. One thing: when Nyssa takes the gun, the Doctor is almost shocked...but he's inspired this in the peace (?) girl. Trruth is she was shooting people in her first story and if you look at KEEPER, she was a much better character there than here, even if her acting has improved somewhat. And just what job is Damon's?

Nyssa seems positively happy to hear Tegan's name again...but Tegan is imprisoned by Omega in the Matrix and maybe it's that that makes her smile!? Never mind that whole lesbian thing with the graffiti or the fact that both Colin and Robin seem to be...uhm, partners.

• Is there any possibility for Gallifreyan survival?   5 years 10 weeks ago

One of the spinoffs mentioned that a Time Lord had Gallifrey cloned so that there were about 7 or 8 or 9 more Gallifreys!!!!! If you think about it, even though the Time Lords were insular, would they leave it to chance that their entire culture would be on one planet?

Also: there is some talk of past stories that intimated that the Time Lords are not just from Gallifrey, that they came to the planet and asked the Gallfreans that were there if they could use the planet to build their citadel, thus the Time Lords are not even frm Gallfrey! There is also a whole range of clues from the TV show that not all Gallefreans are Time Lords and if so, are all Time Lords Gallefreans? It was also suggested that Ace was training at to be a Time Lord so maybe not all Time Lords have to be Gallefreans!

And in a wild idea: what if Earth IS Gallifrey or Gallifrey is Earth, one from the past and the other the future of the other?!

- Liz 4
    - Vicki 6                   - The Brigadier 20
    - Nyssa 4
    - Stephen 7              - Jo Grant 18              - Tegan 6
    - Polly 7 (+1)      - Sarah Jane 18         - Ben 10                   - Victoria 8
    Harry 16
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 15               - Captain Jack 1 (-2)

__________________________________________________________________________

21. K9
    22. Rose                 23. Peri                 24. Ace                       25. Martha
    26. Turlough            27. Romana II
    28. Mickey                  29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo                    33: Mel

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 1 'Day One'   5 years 10 weeks ago

Absolutely superb.  It felt like proper Sci-Fi for the first time!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STICK WITH THIS FORMAT!  I think it works so well.  I would love to have 2 or 3 5-part stories a year rather than 13 stand alone episodes.

• Is there any possibility for Gallifreyan survival?   5 years 10 weeks ago

That certainly is a very interesting idea about Gallifrey existing in a parallel universe.  Could this universe be the one that the hybrid Doctor lives with Rose Tyler?  The 3rd Doctor did mention something to that effect in the episode titled Inferno.  Instead of using the TARDIS to slip backward or forward in time, it slips sideways and into a parallel universe.  The 3rd Doctor postulates that because of infinite choices; attributed to free will, there is an equally infinite parallel universes.  This route would be a viable idea to perpetuate the survival of Gallifrey; albeit, not the Gallifrey from your local universe.

Alternate reality model is a great idea to feature Timelords from alternate dimensions lending the Doctor a hand to see if bringing back Gallifrey (in the local universe) is still possible without any violations to the 1st Time Law.

I have not seen sufficient Moffat works to predict an outcome or know how he will manage the Who universe, but it should be grand.  After all, following in RTD can only force Moffat to take it up a notch.

• [SPOILERS!] Epi 1 'Day One'   5 years 10 weeks ago

I tweeted Louis about threads -

Because people may not get each episode at the same time - perhaps one thread per Episode was the best way to go in this case.

I know that in other cases we have asked people to not have too many threads - but at least this way any 'SPOILERS' should be specific to the episode in the thread.

• Arc of Infinity   5 years 10 weeks ago

Wow, that was one of the most boring episodes in a long long time, way back into the Pertwee era. I'm not sure why. Tegan returns. Maybe that's it. There's a lot of ...honesty I can't understand how so many people like Tegan. She's really a one note character, a loser who can't hold a job and can't make up her mind. The location stuff is nice. Maybe it's the jam packed bunch of boring Time Lords. Even Colin can't make Maxil interesting, he's  a one note villain/guard really. Mike Gough is really good and all the actors are so it's hard to see why this ep is so slow and boring. Damon is an intersting cahracter too. The Doc's got lots of friends on Gallifrey...

Maybe it's the Doc. He's dull as dishwater here. The sets are okay but nothing special as a trip to Gallifrey should be. Maybe it's the villain Omega. He was ranting and raving when he last appeared and that kept us frm being bored but we were embarassed. Nothing really moves in this ep and there's not much to recommend it.

Tears on Nyssa's face is a nice touch but...it's all so ...routine and predictable. Sigh.

I've combined the previous two votes that were posted simultaneously...

- Liz 2 (-2)

28. Mickey            29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo              33: Mel

- Liz 4
    - Vicki 6                     - The Brigadier 20
    - Nyssa 4
    - Stephen 7              - Jo Grant 18             - Tegan 6
    - Polly 6              - Sarah Jane 18         - Ben 10                   - Victoria 8
    Harry 16
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 16(+1)         - Captain Jack 1(-2)

__________________________________________________________________________

21. K9
    26. Turlough            27. Romana II
    28. Mickey                  29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo                    33: Mel

• Is there any possibility for Gallifreyan survival?   5 years 10 weeks ago

As noted above, I think we're going to see Gallifrey in some form THIS year or rather in Tennant's last two eps

• Video Release Information in Video Business   5 years 10 weeks ago

Didn't you like Doctor Who and the Pirates?

What about the stage plays?

And, of course, everybody loves The Gunfighters and the Ballad of the Last Chance Saloon!

• Is there any possibility for Gallifreyan survival?   5 years 10 weeks ago

I haven't seen Jekyll to know what kind of showrunner the Grand Moff is, but I think it would be a mistake to bring them back in his first season. Let Matt and Moff (did I just coin a phrase there?) get their feet under them, then do what you want.

Now if RTD was still in charge I would set the odds at 65/35 that we would see them next year. But I don't know about Moff. So I will set the line tenantively at 25/75 just because I think there are other things he wants to explore first.

Talkshoe has been playing-up again and only now is the latest recording available

on Talkshoe & iTunes

Episode 97 covered Primeval and Ashes to Ashes

Next week's topic left open mike as not sure we should talk about Torchwood or leave it until more people will have seen it.

- Liz 4
    - Vicki 6                   - The Brigadier 20
    - Nyssa 4 (-2)
    - Stephen 7              - Jo Grant 18 (+1)       - Tegan 6
    Harry 16
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 15                 - Captain Jack 3

__________________________________________________________________________

21. K9
    26. Turlough            27. Romana II
    28. Mickey                  29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo                    33: Mel

• Is there any possibility for Gallifreyan survival?   5 years 10 weeks ago

Look to me, Gallifrey is going to feature strongly in the last two David eps. Even if only in flashback but yeah, Gallifrey can be shielded, Gallifrey can be gone to in the past or even in a parallel dimension. RTd once said he didn't want to bring back the Master or something to that effect and lo and behold we get the Master. I"m almost 100 percent sure Gallifrey will feature in some way in the last two eps. I also suspect that the Doctor's father and mother are in it too (cue Dalton and Anderson). And Rose (who remember couldn't come back) and Donna (who couldn't remember the Doctor at all). And Martha and Jack and Wilf and Donna's mum and Jackie and Mickey and k9 and Sarah and Luke and ewl, the John Simms Master.

So Gallifrey can be a flashback

Gallifrey can be an alternate time Gallifrey

Gallifrey can be brought back to life in a time change (as Earth went through at least once)

Gallifrey can be a parallel Gallifrey

Gallifrey can be an anti matter Gallifrey.

Gallifrey can be shrunken into a bottle.

Gallfrey can be in the Matrix which might still exist someplace

All of Gallifrey can be in a stop watch.

Gallifrey might be Earth!

• Doctor Who: Radio Free Skaro   5 years 10 weeks ago

A new Radio Free Skaro episode!:

Things took a turn for both the obscene and obsequious and Pedantor proved he could crawl even lower into the gutter he calls home and Warren was bested by Cracklor, a skypeovore that feasts on distorted, craptacular VOIP. Oh, and somewhere in this menagerie of madness the sometimes forgotten but certainly notable “Boom Town” was commented on by the Three Who Rule.

Check out the site, or get the:

Direct download

Check
    http://www.radiofreeskaro.com for your Radio Free Skaro needs!

iTunes users can subscribe at
    here.

• Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 155   5 years 10 weeks ago

It turns out that I was mistaken with the Torchwood: Children of Earth website. The desktop images are not being blocked outside the UK. When I first saw the thumbnails on the webpage which "Access Denied" labeled across them, I simply thought they were UK exclusives without reading the captions below. As it turns out, they are restricting access to those galleries until each episode is transmitted.

However the video is still locked down to the UK.

How do you rate Doctor Who: Listen? (5=Fantastic)