• When did Chase take over the forums?   5 years 17 weeks ago

It's basically like posting your views into a forum, the set up of posting a blog is very much like posting a comment here.  One of the best blog hosting sites is Blogger https://www.blogger.com/start

• When did Chase take over the forums?   5 years 17 weeks ago

I wouldn't know how to do a blog. What does it entail? Let me know.

- Ian 15              - Zoe 13                   - Romana I 11           - Barbara 12
    - Liz 6
    - Vicki 6                   - The Brigadier 20
    - Nyssa 6
    - Stephen 6               - Jo Grant 19             - Tegan 6
    - Polly 6 (-2)        - Sarah Jane 18         - Ben 10                   - Victoria 8
    Harry 16 (+1)
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 15                 - Captain Jack 3

__________________________________________________________________________

21. K9
    22. Rose                 23. Peri                 24. Ace                       25. Martha
    26. Turlough            27. Romana II
    28. Mickey                  29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo                    33: Mel

- Liz 6
    - Vicki 6 (-2)                   - The Brigadier 20
    - Nyssa 6
    - Stephen 6               - Jo Grant 19             - Tegan 6
    - Polly 8              - Sarah Jane 18         - Ben 10                   - Victoria 8 (+1)
    Harry 15
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 15                 - Captain Jack 3

__________________________________________________________________________

21. K9
    26. Turlough            27. Romana II
    28. Mickey                  29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo                    33: Mel

Quick post - watching tennis :-)

CIA ID 30659

Primeval Ashes! hoping to cover Primeval and Ashes to Ashes - however this may take up 2 shows

• When did Chase take over the forums?   5 years 17 weeks ago

Perhaps you need a blog.  The Occasional rant is fun here but, it does seem that a majority of your posts tend to go that way.  I suppose one of the things that bug me most about the issue is the multiple posts one after the other.  I mentioned it on the old site but it seems to make no diffrence.  I suggest a blog for your long posts and the occasional non rant post in the threads.

• London Film and Comic Comic Con - 18/19 July - Lot's of Doctor Who Guests!   5 years 17 weeks ago

Thomas Sangster (Human Nature/Family of Blood) has just been added to the guest list.

P.S I'll try my best to knock some feedback together Louis!

- Liz 6
    - Vicki 8 (+1)              - The Brigadier 20
    - Nyssa 6
    - Stephen 6               - Jo Grant 19             - Tegan 6
    - Polly 8              - Sarah Jane 18         - Ben 10                   - Victoria 7
    Harry 15
    - Jamie 20                 Leela 15                 - Captain Jack 3 (-2)

__________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________

21. K9
    26. Turlough            27. Romana II
    28. Mickey                  29: Adric
    31: Grace              32: Dodo                    33: Mel

• Tom Baker is back as the Doctor!!!!!   5 years 17 weeks ago

Thanks.. Word seemed to had spread about it around the end of May. Though it is hard to find any real hard facts on the releases. I am assuming that Tom Baker will be reading them as audiobooks. Obviously, for the Doctor parts, he will most likely take the tone and mannerisms of the Doctor. Well, we shall see (or hear) soon enough come this Autumn I suppose.

• Louis at the Gallifreyan Embassy table (1986)   5 years 17 weeks ago

I can venture to say you were still in school. Or should I just say, young enough. But you were in NY at the time perhaps, no?

If you like, please send us feedback for Doctor Who: Podshock on the convention and your experiences there to share with our listeners.

• Staggering Stories Podcast   5 years 17 weeks ago

Are blobs always evil?  Yes, Staggering Stories Podcast 49: Daleks Are Special, Too is now available!

We cover:
    Doctor Who's Daleks (in general).
    Listener's Escape Pod Discs.
    A 30 Second Recommendation: Legend (by that fine fellow Benjamin Elliott of This Week in Doctor Who)
    Plus, as ever, lots of news (Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures and more!)

More madness than a Dalek with hair, playing scrabble!

Available on iTunes and most other major podcast directory sites.

We also have a Staggering Stories Facebook group.
    You can drop us a line at show@staggeringstories.net or visit our Main Site or Blog

• forum crossing over   5 years 17 weeks ago

I find myself reluctant to participate in this new forum for two reasons.  I suppose the main reason is that there's not a lot happening in this inter-season "lull".  My participation always tends to pick up when we're actively in the midst of one of the three series.

But I also genuinely dislike the new "forum".  It's a little better now that the rich-text editor has been made default, but it's still more of a commenting system than a true forum.  I find it exceptionally difficult to follow the conversations, because each comment is titled separate from the thread title.  Thus, the "Recent Comments" sidebar is all but useless.  Who has the time to click each one of the individual comment titles to see if it's in the thread you're interested in following?   I'm further befuddled by the difference between the comment-follower on the left and the topic-follower on the right.  Who cares about topics that are new, but have "died" due to inactivity?  I want to know about the status of topics that are getting new comments; i.e., the ones that have an actual discussion brewing.  Now, luckily, we're given that info under the "Active Forum Topics" sidebar, but that just makes the "New Forum Topics" sidebar all the more a waste of space.  I say get rid of that thing and give us back the sidebar that tells us who's online at the moment.   Or, better still, just give us some much-needed white space.

It also should be noted that none of these three different trackers actually tells who's making the comments.  And that's key.  If you're having a discussion with someone, it's useful to know when they, particularly, have made a new comment in a thread of interest.  With this new board, you have no idea at all who's commenting until you click on the comment.  That's just a big waste of time.

But my big problem continues to be quoting.  It's more difficult to perform, and certainly harder to read, than it is in just about any other fora in which I participate.  It should be easy to do multiple quotes, because the whole reason for having a forum is to foster specific discussions, but instead it's a pain in the ass.    Yeah, you <b>can</b> (oops, that doesn't work: can) quote with this software, but by the time you get it all set up manually, you run the risk of forgetting the point you were trying to make.  Yeah, there's a greater ability to format your entries on this new board, but we've sacrificed core functionality for the ability to use crazy fonts.

Not a great trade-off, if you ask me.

• What I'm looking from the change of guard...   5 years 17 weeks ago

sorry, i should have put a comma in the "dalek void, mind." I mean Having a Davros story without even a mention of Daleks. They will not have been invented yet. A pre chair/accident story maybe pertaining to the start of the war between the Kaleds and Thals from the point of view from a third species on skaro. Never really understood this 2 species on a planet stuff in sci-fi Dan Dare was the same. Treens and Therons on Venus, which i believe was the inspiration for Skaro.

• What I'm looking from the change of guard...   5 years 17 weeks ago

What's a Dalek/Davros void mind mean?

I hate Peri. She was a step backward IMO from all the other recent companions from Leela to Nyssa. But I see why men like her. And maybe some women too.

I love Sally Sparrow and believe she'd be a great companion but I'd like to see her with her boyfriend together with the Doctor. That would make a great three team and great conflict too. There was a small hint of that when she met the Tenth Doctor and the other man in her life came out n held her hand or she took his rather to show the raving mad sex pot macho alpha male Doctor that she was taken. Imagine if the three of them were thrust together (Matt Smith maybe have a different take on things and not be after every blond he sees).

I think a female companion alone is old hat but it seems the series wants to play it safe and that's going to be thier undoing. I believe if the scripts don't get better and we get more of the same as ever people are going to tune out and blame Matt Smith which isn't fair as I feel he's going to be a great Doctor. I guess Moffat will do well but the next story looks like a Water Alien story he did from one of the Ninth Doctor annuals. That's not a good thing. I mean the story was good the way it was in the annual but if Moffat is not even starting yet and drawing upon stories from elsewhere, that makes me worry.

Frankly, they should bring back Adam and maybe he can explain himself. As I've ranted about in the past, the original idea was to have him send stuff back from the future to save his dying father (which would lead to Rose's idea to save her father). That was dropped but maybe Adam can use this...but as RTD is leaving, I imagine Moffat won't even think of this idea. IT might even be good to have Adam back as...maybe a bad guy who wants revenge on the Doctor or someone who needs saving from some government (maybe the US is the villain taking over Adam's forehead device).

I was talking iwth someone who felt DW slid since 2005 and he thought that it was okay as DW was always cheesy. I disagree. I mean I guess it was cheesy in the past but since that 2005 season was so good and along the way we've had some GREAT stories, I can't dismiss the crap as "Just DW being DW" any more. It deserves better. And if anyone has read RTD's latest article in DWMagazine, and isn't worried...why not? He truly sounds as if he has/had writrer's block for DW and his "I can't write the last words for this Doctor in a spinoff because it has to be great" AFTER he's already written the ending for Tennant...makes me worry about this grand finale.  DW should be going the more mature route and/or along with more young people route. Instead it's sort of going nowhere.

I hate John Simms as the Master. His return to the show does not bode well. I also hate what they've done to the Daleks. After PARTING OF THE WAYS, DALEK, and DOOMSDAY made them seem to very dangerous and powerful, we got the two part EMPIRE STATE BUILDING travesty of a limp story or rather pieces tied together to resemble a story AND the crap STOLEN EARTH/JOURNEY'S END which brought them right back to "let's push this Dalek to its death" status. In DALEK, you couldn't even touch a Dalek! It also makes me worry that they're talking about cosmetic things...which JNT talked about when the series was going down the tubes in the mid 80s. Changing the theme tune is not going to save a limp show with weak scripts and no ideas left.  I also wonder about RTD's wish list for stories and seasons which also is something JNT did. Unless I"m very wrong, the ratings for PLANET OF THE DEAD slipped on first airing as compared to other stories.

• When did Chase take over the forums?   5 years 17 weeks ago

Sorry if it seems i'm taking over, I just try to post stuff I think people might be interested in.

• When did Chase take over the forums?   5 years 17 weeks ago

I admit, I haven't been around much since the Christmas special. I didn't even know about the new website look. I had to reregister for the new site today.

Laughing

• What I'm looking from the change of guard...   5 years 17 weeks ago

I have to challenge the logic of your #4 and #9. You say you want male companions because the boys don't count, but then you want to bring on a female guest-star that was in only an episode for an entire season. Look I think she's as pretty as the next dude, but I have a feeling that that character would not stand up to the scrutinity of a 13 episode season. You want to do a two-parter special? Go ahead. But give me a companion that starts fresh and let them run. I have the same opinoin of Jenny. Go ahead and do a two-parter, but then let her go on her merry way.

So what does make a companion count? How many episodes in the box do you need "in the box"? Did I just open a can of worms there?

I do like the young Davros idea. I would also like to see a young Doctor/Master on Gallifrey story. Perhaps Davros could create a different monster beside the Daleks, a new one without time travel abilities and a different kind of menace.

Wibbley-wobbley timey-wimey over a season would be cool. We've alread seen RTD thread little things throughout a year, maybe episode one could be one set of events and then by episode 13 they have to go back to the same spot and do them all over again a different way.

• When did Chase take over the forums?   5 years 17 weeks ago

There's no doubt or question that he is very prolific with his postings, but don't let that deter you or others from participating here as well.

• What I'm looking from the change of guard...   5 years 17 weeks ago

I believe John Simm was instructed to play him that way. I think he could just as easily take a more Roger Delgardo approach to the character if given that creative direction.

• What I'm looking from the change of guard...   5 years 17 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time out in replying, Louis.

The return of Peri. Only because she was my first love! haha! i know, i know- perv! lol

I loved Anthony Ainley as The Master. He was "My Master." But after I watched Roger Delgardos Moriaty style Master, that became the all time favourite for me. Simms potrayal was good but too maniac-ish (is that even a word? lol) A kids cartoon bad guy. That is what I was reminded of when i watched those episodes. Pity  Derek Jacobi only lasted one episode. He would have been an amazing Master I think.

Maybe the timey wimey stuff could be joined with Davros. A story on young Davros would be amazing (I think its been done through big finish).

And they have to re-do Shada!

• Video Release Information in Video Business   5 years 17 weeks ago

I was scared at first when I read "hour-log musical feature" included as a DVD Extra until I quickly realized they were speaking of the Doctor Who at the Proms. Please, no Doctor Who musicals!

• forum crossing over   5 years 17 weeks ago

Ha! "The Mysterious Administrator" sounds like a classic Doctor Who adversary. It is merely mostly out of laziness of not wanting to have to log-out and re-log back in that I have been posting from that account. Now that the regenerated site is more or less up and going, it may be less so now.

There are many people that have not yet re-created their account on the new regenerated 3.0 site. To this date there is only about 166 accounts here on the 3.0 site. Of those which are recreated accounts from the 2.0 site, I don't know. But it's only been a month. The site still gets more visitors that are not logged in account holders than those that are logged in.

• Doctor Who: Podshock - Episode 155   5 years 17 weeks ago

Thank you David. I believe the Davros box set R1 release date has been postponed without a new one being set. So, we haven't received the Remembrance of the Daleks Special Edition DVD in North America yet.

Wow. You listened to this episode so quickly that you caught your mention before I had a chance to tweet you about it.

How do you rate Doctor Who: In the Forest of the Night? (5=Fantastic)