• Calendar?   4 years 45 weeks ago

Yeah, this is one of the features which was built into the previous CMS which is not in the new CMS. But I have been looking into other options in form of 3rd party modules that could give us calendars and/or events on the site. It won't be exactly like what we had on the previous site though.

The same thing goes with web links ("Web Resources" on our previous site).

• This Week In Doctor Who - May 30, 2009 (test posting)   4 years 45 weeks ago

It worked! TWIDW is here! I still can't believe the amount of work you do on a weekly basis to make this resource possible.

• url in sig   4 years 45 weeks ago

Yes, use can use a URL link in your sig. Just use standard html to make them hot links.

For example:

<a href="http://gallifreyanembassy.org">Gallifreyan Embassy</a>

For a link to the Galifreyan Embassy. There seems to be a size limitation on the sigs. I don't know what it is off hand, but it will trim it to make it fit. I will have to look further into it to see if I can increase it.

The size right now is set for 85x85. Do you feel that is too big?

• The Big Screen   4 years 45 weeks ago

Thats one of the reasons I have a 16mm projector and a tv projector. we set up a sheet of white plywood outside and watch old movies on film and new ones on DVD. We even have a real popcorn machine!

• Thank You Louis!   4 years 45 weeks ago

This new site is fantastic! I can't even begin to imagine how much hard work you put into it. Now that Outpost Gallifrey is leaving us, this will, hopefully, become the new hub of Dr. Who fandom.

Thanks Louis - I cleaned mine up a bit in the background :-) Perhaps the avatar allowed size is a little large the way this new forum looks.

100x100

85x85

80x80

75x75

60x60

100x100

85x85

80x80

75x75

60x60

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

Here is another image that is 1024x768 - same image as before.

unsung hero 1024x768

set at 512x344

EDIT - just saved it back to my PC - as 1024x768

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

You should be able to resize the image if you are using the Rich Editor's picture icon, it will pop up a window which you can enter the dimensions of the image. If you just enter the width, I believe the height will automatically be scaled to match.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

In the old Forum I often posted picture up to my PhotoBucket size limit of 1024x768

When I displayed them in the GE forum I'd use the ('width="512")
    so that is would fit the forum but be of higher quality if people 'saved it' to view.

Looks like a width limit of 512 or thereabouts will be all this forum will take - or will it 're-size' any image to a percentage of it's full size?

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

Citations went away. They should be gone now as it didn't seem to serve any purpose if the final result was simply italicized text.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

Trying the Rich Editor - Playing with it - for fun :-)

Here's a recent picture from my weekend paper - as a 'test image'

EDIT - Not 'upload' an image but link to one already up.

Unsung Hero

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

Please investigate a forum plugin, I'm sure we'd all chip in if cost is an issue. At the moment I'm liking the new site in general a lot more but the new forum a lot less.

Just my two pennies!

Thanks

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

Yeah, in the end, the citation results in just italicizing.. It should just go away as it will only add to the confusion.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

The double quotation marks are only grayed until you select some text. Once you select text, it becomes available. It is used to make "citations"

This is an example of a citation.

I am not sure if it would be of any use.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

Yeah, I see the <b> was being filtered out in the Filtered HTML input setting. I don't know why the software was set like that as a default, I added the <b> for that input format now. So it should not be filtered out as it was before for the "Filtered HTML" input format.

Hence, these are the kind of bumps that need to be ironed out.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

I don't think the Rich Editor option was turned on for authenticated users. My bad. It should be available now under "Input format"

Ahhh, there it is.  And there's a quoting facility, even if it's hardly intuitive, and doesn't link the quote to the name of the quoter.  But man, this is a tiny, tiny font which defaults in this rich text editor.  Any idea what that last double quote symbol (underneath the Omega symbol) means?  Mine's greyed out, so it's impossible to tell.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

You should see it now. I thought it was set up to be available after one registers on the site. Sorry.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

You've completely lost me, Louis. Not seeing this "rich/WYSIWYG editor" option anywhere. Also this sentence is in bold, using the b tag. So why isn't the b tag working? Also, I have NO idea how you're interjecting code, cause this is what happens when I use the code tag: This text enclosed in () tags. The entirety of that was enclosed in cite tags and there's a cite tag in the parentheses.

• (SPOILER) Possible Weddings in "Doctor Who"?   4 years 45 weeks ago

Yes, please use spoiler warnings, spacing, white text, etc. when needed. I didn't have a chance to recreate the guidelines from our previous site to this site on that matter yet.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

Oh, I forgot to menition, if you are not using the Rich Editor, you can use <b> for bold instead of <strong>. Both HTML tags will work.

• Threaded or Flat   4 years 45 weeks ago

You can use the WYSIWYG editor, choose input format and you will have the option of using a "Rich Editor" where you can choose to your colour text if you like. You can even use white: so you can't read this here unless you highlight it. <-- white text.

As I explained in ther postings, this forum is part of the core CMS software, so it works more like an article and commenting system as used in the rest of the site. The previous CMS didn't have any options for a forum, we were using a 3rd party plug in.

There is the possibility that we find good 3rd party forum plug in to use with this CMS as well. If nothing else we may be able to make it appear more like a traditional format forum.

The lack of being able to automaticly quote the message you are replying to is the biggest drawback.

The announcement of Outpost Gallifrey closing at the end of July was a coincidence that it was timed while we opened up our new site here.

We are trying to iron whatever bumps we can which can be ironed out.

• (SPOILER) Possible Weddings in "Doctor Who"?   4 years 45 weeks ago

Are we going to stick with the idea of adding the word 'Spoiler' in thread titles where the 'possible news' could be seen as a spoiler?

• (SPOILER) Possible Weddings in "Doctor Who"?   4 years 45 weeks ago

I think we've heard/read that Rose was called 'Rose Smith' on some spoilers, indicating that her and the Human/Timelord hybrid that is David Tennant on Pete's World will get married, but the other weddings sound like rubbish to me!

I don't care about the Martha one so much as I do the Sarah Jane one! She hasn't even shown a liking to anyone up until now, that's a bit quick isn't it?

How do you rate Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani? (5=Fantastic)